Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Sub Sub - Past / Angel

Most people probably never heard of Sub Sub and I was part of most until a couple of years ago, when I heard "Past" on a random chillout compilation. And boy, did it grab my attention! For a couple of days I think I only played it on repeat. Naturally, I was desperate to find out more of Sub Sub and that lead me to their 1994 album "Full Fathom Five". I didn't enjoy the album as much as I had expected, but some tracks stood out, among them "Past" and "Angel".
I later found out "Past" was actually released back in 1992 on "Coast EP", which makes it even greater.
In the late 90s Sub Sub were about to release a new album when their studio burnt down and they lost all their work. After a short hiatus, the members reunited under the name "Doves" (sounds more familiar?), taking an entirely different musical direction, towards rock. their current website is www.doves.net.



No comments:

Post a Comment