Friday, January 29, 2010

ATB - Autumn Leaves

Everybody knows ATB, so there's no point in introducing him. If you're older than 10 you surely heard his music.
I'm not the biggest ATB fan, although he had a strong influence on my musical taste in the 90s, when I was just discovering electronic dance music. Back then he was also involved in the Sequential One project (remember "Dreams" and "Angels" :D?), so he was pretty popular back then too, I think a lot of people owe him their introduction to electronic music. Anyway, he has some good tunes under his belt and all his albums are pretty good, considering they are mainly commercially-oriented. But while as a producer he may not excel, he is a very good DJ in my opinion. He's one of my favorites when it comes to track selection, often blending trance with a decent amount of progressive for really entertaining sets. His "ATB The DJ" series of mixalbums is quite strong too.

What I like most about ATB is that he's not afraid of downtempo. On every album he included respectable amounts of downtempo material and all I can say is that I hope he will continue to do so.
From 2004's "No Silence" (my favorite ATB album), I chose "Autumn Leaves" for today's feature, a vocal laid-back tune, reminiscent of Enigma at times. Cheesy stuff, but I like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment