Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Bent -Sing Me / Now I Must Remember

Formed in 1997, British electronica duo Bent have gained over the years somewhat of an (electronic) pop culture icon status. As far as I'm concerned, they already secured their place in electronic music history. Known for their ethereal sound and heavy use of sampling (mostly on their first two albums), Bent have not once been compared to artists like Air or Moby.

I think the most remarkable thing Bent have ever achieved (until now) is their 2004 album "Ariels". Bent left their history of sampling other tracks behind for this project, everything on "Ariels" is their original work featuring original sounds. The result? One of the most beautifully crafted pieces of music I've ever heard. It's one of my favorite music albums of this decade! I would honestly post every single track from the album, each one is an extraordinary artistic achievment. But since I can only post a couple of them, here are "Now I Must Remember" and "Sing Me" (feat. Rachel Foster of the Weekend Players).
Trust me, this is one album you don't want to miss, a true musical masterpiece. One of those rare albums that once experienced, never leave your conscience.



No comments:

Post a Comment