Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Caia - Le Telecabine / Heavy Weather / Remembrance

I don't even know where to start...The fact that I've chosen to feature 3 tracks today (won't happen too often, I can tell you that) must say something. And if not, here is me saying it: this is pure gold right here!
In the last 10 years I have only for 4 or 5 times listened to an album and liked absolutely every single thing about it. This is the case for this album: "The Magic Dragon" (you can download the album for only $9.99 here) by Caia. Caia is a solo project by Andy Cato, one half of house duo Groove Armada. "The Magic Dragon" is the only album Cato released under the Caia alias, back in 2003. It's an unique blend of deep house funkyness, trip-hop, caribbean-feel chillout and ethnic elements that works like magic, literally.
I think you got the picture: this album encapsulates the definition of "hidden all-time classic" and you simply HAVE to listen to it, there is no excuse for not indulging yourself the opportunity of doing so. 11/10

And these are the tracks: "Remembrance" (I think even my grandma would love it), "Le Telecabine" (my personal favourite) and "Heavy Weather".





No comments:

Post a Comment